Pigments is a synth like no other. Taking that spark of imagination and transforming it into sound is the most fundamental, exhilarating part of creating music. Pigments makes that process natural, intuitive, and limitless, with almost infinite options made simple through a quick-to-master GUI that gives you visual feedback on how your sound is created and modulated.
Pigments is truly a 21st century synth that will become the go-to choice for all producers, sound designers, and synth-fans alike.
Imagine a sound, then create it.
Pigments gives you the finest elements ever found in a software instrument, letting you create pioneering, exciting, and deeply personal sounds. Laying everything out before you, Pigments lets you fully express your creativity in a way that’s never been seen before in a software instrument.
Scanning a matrix for the right parameter works, but it isn’t the only way.
Thanks to its unique interface, Pigments doesn’t just make complex modulations easy, it makes them fun. This is a new approach to building sounds.
Pigments has some colorful tricks up its sleeve. In fact, it can do things other synthesizers simply cannot do. These include:
- Scale quantized pitch modulations to build complex melodic sequences
- Continuous unison controls that can be modulated, with classic and chord modes
- Extensive waveshaping options for the wavetable oscillator, with great aliasing control
- Some of Arturia's best filter emulations with flexible audio-rate modulation
- The usual modulation sources and some more unconventional ones like the Turing and Binary random generators
- Powerful gate/retrig handling for modulators. Perfect to inspire unusual rhythmic sequences or self-generating patches.
- Polyrhythmic sequencer with a strong emphasis on randomness, with scale control to remain musical.
Two engines in parallel: the best of both worlds
- Virtual Analog triple oscillator engine
- Complex Wavetable engine with morphing and import
Twin filters: dozens to choose from
- Classic filters from V Collection instruments
- Modern filters like surgeon and comb
- Continuous series/parallel routing
Powerful effects section: an all-in-one solution
- 13 stunning effects, including wavefolder, overdrive, parametric EQ, and delay
- Insert or Send routing options with drag and drop for easy switching
- All the essential parameters can be modulated
Advanced modulation system: modulate anything with anything
- Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based
- Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random sources
- 4 assignable Macros to control multiple parameters at once
Visual interface: understand your sound
- Graphical representation of the most important modules
- Living, moving waveform to see your sound come alive
Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator: get creative
- Create complex, custom and evolving sequences or arpeggios
Extensive factory preset library: learn from the masters
- Hundreds of presets from awesome artists and experienced sound designers, including Jeremy Savage, Starcadian, Cubic Spline, Mord Fustang, and Jörg Hüttner
- Highlighted “notes” to show which parameters are recommended to tweak
- Arturia Pigments
- Arturia Software Control Center